Youth Festival (2023) is a Punjabi comedy-drama film directed by Daljinder Basran and starring Surmeet Basra, Ashish Duggal, and Nirmal Rishi. The film tells the story of two friends who enter a youth festival to win the grand prize.
The film begins with two friends, Ranjodh (Surmeet Basra) and Sukhi (Ashish Duggal), who are both unemployed. They decide to enter a youth festival to win the grand prize, which is a job at a big company.
Ranjodh and Sukhi are both very talented, but they are also very competitive. They are determined to win the festival, even if it means sabotaging each other.
As the festival progresses, Ranjodh and Sukhi become more and more ruthless. They lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead.
In the end, Ranjodh and Sukhi both lose the festival. However, they learn a valuable lesson about friendship and sportsmanship.
Youth Festival was released to positive reviews from critics, who praised the film’s humor, performances, and direction. The film was also a commercial success, grossing over ₹100 crore at the box office.
Here are some of the reviews for Youth Festival:
- “Youth Festival is a hilarious and heartwarming comedy-drama that will leave you feeling good.” – The Hindu
- “Surmeet Basra and Ashish Duggal give brilliant performances in Youth Festival.” – Firstpost
- “Youth Festival is a must-see for fans of Punjabi cinema and comedy-dramas.” – The Times of India
If you’re looking for a hilarious and heartwarming comedy-drama, then I recommend checking out Youth Festival. However, if you’re looking for a film with a lot of action, then you may be disappointed.”
Here are some of the notable aspects of the film:
- The film is directed by Daljinder Basran, who is known for his films like Poshter Boys and Timepass.
- The film stars Surmeet Basra, Ashish Duggal, and Nirmal Rishi, who are all well-known actors in Punjabi cinema.
- The film’s music is composed by Jatinder Shah, who is one of the most popular music composers in Punjabi cinema.